Friday 23 August 2013

The Killing Woods by Lucy Chrisopher

SynopsisEmily's dad is accused of murdering a teenage girl in the woods behind her house, the place she played in as a child. She's sure he's innocent, but what did happen? Determined to find out \- and afraid of what she might discover \- Emily seeks out the boyfriend of the murdered girl. He also knows these woods. Maybe they could help each other. But Damon Hillary has his own secrets about the dangerous games that are being played in the dark .

My Musings
A very dark thriller dealing with controversial subjects. I actually was quite shocked at the outcome of the games and was honestly irritated this book had been written so well I really didn't want to like it I found the subject matter so dark. However the subjects of post traumatic stress, mental health, drug abuse and the <game. that was played( sorry don't want to spoil the story so can't mention the nature of it) have been dealt with well. I just really hope it doesn't give any daredevils any ideas but I suppose if they are of that nature you could say if not this it would be something else.

I don't know if that means I am not as edgy as I would like to think but the bottom line for this book is that Lucy creates a very sinister filmatic book with strong characters and a very twitsted storyline. I am not sure I 'enjoyed@ the book, however I did find myself captivated by what would happen next. I have already recommended this book to others although my one gripe is that the book has no warning on the back or age level and should definately not be read by those or a still young nature. I really really think the publishers should have put a warning of content ONLY because the back blurb is misleading in portraying it not as dark as it really is.

If you like this youl maybe like
Lord of the Flies by Williams Golding
The Hunger Games by

No comments:

Post a Comment